Thursday, November 29, 2007

[TIPS] Online Education - an NPR story

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=16638700

It's a fact - online education is here to stay. And it's big business, too. I just finished my Master's in Instructional Technology from Bloomsburg University - all done online. We met once a week synchronously via Centra and the rest of the materials were on Blackboard. For me, the only thing that kept me going were the live weekly sessions. They gave me a sense on a real connection to a class. But, the point is, the entire program was online.

The above NPR story is the first part of a two part story. They talk about the University of Illinois-Springfield, in particular. The second part should appear sometime today. If you get a chance, listen to the story. Both parts. Do you subscribe to the podcast?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons