Sunday, November 4, 2007

FolderShare-Remote Access to Files


I'm sure if you are like me that you are using several computers in your home and office, and there are many times when you would like to access your files remotely. Well there are lots of commercial software products that will give you that option like GoToMyPC, but this is the year if Web 2.0 so why not look for something on the web that help accomplish this task for us.

For the past several months I have been using a program from Microsoft which runs on Windows and Macintosh called FolderShare that lets me access my files remotely wherever I am. You can go to FolderShare and download the client and install it on all of your computers that you would like to access. Once the program is installed and you have named your computers you can log into FolderShare and see your computers and your files as if you were sitting in front of your computer. If you see a file you want to download just click on it and the download begins. I have been using FolderShare with my Mac's and Window's computers without a hitch. It is also possible to access your Windows computer from your Macintosh and vice a versa. It is fast and works well even though it is considered beta software. You can also set up folders to synch on your computers which is a nice feature. I would have to say that considering the price of admission this is one useful software product. Give it try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons