Tuesday, April 10, 2007

[TIPS] darfur on Google Earth

Thanks to TJ for sharing this with me tonight in AIM. It may be in some of the blogs I read, as well, but I heard it there first.

I've had to stop listening to these stories from this conflict as the horrors are beyond my ability to comprehend and even beyond my ability to tolerate. But, Google Earth has put Darfur on the map, so to speak. This article: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/04/10/google.genocide/index.html tell the story behind the addition.

From the article: "Using the high-resolution imagery of Google Earth, users will be able to zoom into the Darfur region for a better understanding of the scope of the destruction. (Interactive: See where Darfur is located)

More than 1,600 damaged and destroyed villages will be visible, as will the remnants of more than 100,000 homes, schools, mosques and other structures destroyed by the Janjaweed militia and Sudanese forces."

If you or someone you know teaches current events, then this is for you - or them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons