Tuesday, August 29, 2006

[TIPS] - Welcome Back! (plus wikipedia article and a delicious tip)

OK... who among us can tell the rest of us what happened to summer? Anyone? ... No-one? :-(   In any case, welcome back.
 
I've been collecting articles, sites, and movies for you over the summer, and I can't wait to share them. Where to start? I'm tempted to put four or five in each email, but then I'm afraid I'll exhaust my supply. So, slow and steady wins the race. One at a time. But, if you know someone who isn't getting these tips who WANTS to get the tips, have that person send me an email to that effect and that name will be added immediately. An email asking to be removed from the list will be processed immediately, as well.
- - - -
Now, on with today's tip...
 
A LOT has happened since last we "spoke", yes? We ended last year with nine planets, for example. The Encarta site still says we've got nine, Britannica Online (the first 75 words of an article appear to be free) says 8, as does wikipedia, which had its change done within minutes after the announcement. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_system Hmmm...
 
Second, (See? I TOLD you I was tempted to put more than one in each tip!) many of you have said how much you enjoy your accounts at http://del.icio.us after hearing about it from either me or someone else. There is a relatively new feature that I'm going to ask you to consider using. It's the for: tag. Here's how it works. When you bookmark a site for yourself and tag it, include for:jgates513 as one of the tags. That will also add it to MY collection of bookmarks. What a GREAT way to share the sites that YOU find, too, is it not? If your students know your delicious account name then they, too, could tag things for you as they find them. Like it? I sure do. http://del.icio.us/help/for
 
So, when you bookmark sites for yourself, please consider using the -  for:jgates513 - tag to share it with me, as well. It just may end up as a tip one day.
 
I hope you and your students have a WONDERFUL year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons