Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Jing Project Update


In July, I shared with you information about a free screen casting application called Jing from TechSmith. If you haven't taken a look at it you really should. It has been indispensable to me in the training that I do. Now instead of making handouts, I create some screen casts which I store on Screencast which teachers can review any time they like. I will be doing a training on how to use Adobe Acrobat to make tests and worksheets accessible and I have put together a series of screen casts which the teachers can access anytime they like. Jing has been updated several times since July and just keeps getting better and better. The folks at TechSmith should be applauded for making this handy tool available and for their constant attention to small details that makes the current release even more polished. Now when you do a video recording you get a 3 second countdown on your screen with a message that your microphone is on. The ease of use is second to none with the Screencast integration. If you plan on using Jing on a regular basis it really pays to become a subscriber and purchase a plan that works for you.

You can click here to preview the Jing screencast using Adobe Acrobat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons