Saturday, February 24, 2007

Jimmy Wales discusses Wikipedia in schools

The Savvy Technologist (by Tim Wilson) is a blog I read daily. He always something that I find interesting in there. Take this article, for example. He points to another site: net@nite (which I hadn't heard of until now) where you can hear an audio of an interview with Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia. I think it's very interesting how the man himself responds to questions regarding the trustworthiness of Wikipedia articles.



This quote, for example:

"I think it basically should be fine in schools, it should be
acceptable, to add a footnote saying I did a lot of my preliminary
research in Wikipedia just to acknowledge where you got a lot of
knowledge."



Give it a listen





powered by performancing firefox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons