Sunday, September 27, 2009

Some go to Mumbai, others can't even read about it

When I read the blog post in the FlatClassroom ning this morning, I was at once excited and depressed. Excited to read about this year's student conference to be held in Mumbai, India that will likely see another 50 or more students from around the world in attendance. They will be experiencing education unlike anything they've ever dreamed of, in most cases, where they will learn about people and cultures and working together and SO MUCH more. Watch the video at the end of this post. (That is, unless blip.tv is blocked at your school, too.) Oh, how I wish I could go - and take a classroom of students with me.

And then I thought, I can't even share this blog post with many of our teachers in PA, because Ning is blocked. Blogs are blocked. Their conference wiki is blocked. On the one hand we've got some students traveling to India to learn from and with students from around the world, and on the other hand we've got teachers who can't even READ ABOUT IT!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE?

CAN YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING??



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons