Tuesday, October 14, 2008

[TIPS] Wikispaces "Favorites"

I just made a series of wikis for an event. During the event I was swamped with requests from attendees to join the wiki. I couldn’t figure out why they wanted to join since they could see everything there without joining.

I asked a couple of them and it turns out that they wanted to join just so that the wiki name would appear in their list of wikis when they viewed their account. (Click your name when you log in to see that list) I wrote to the good folks at wikispaces to suggest that they add a “Favorites” feature and they wrote back to say that there is already such a feature. Did you know that?

When you click your name you’re taken to your account and the Dashboard Tab. At the bottom of that page is a field where you can type in the url of a wiki and it’ll be added to your favorites.

We’ll I’ll be....

So, if you’re requesting to jion one of my wikis and there’s no real reason to do so, don’t be offended if I reject you. I’m going to assume that you just want to add it to your favorites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons