Monday, July 14, 2008

[TIPS] A VERY cool google spreadsheet and Google map trick!

You have GOT to check this out: http://googledocs.blogspot.com/2008/06/featured-gadget-map-it-in-your.html (subscribe to that blog!)

The gist is this: In a google spreadsheet you put the names and addresses of some places you'd like to put on the map. You also add a column that will later become the tooltip for the pushpin. THen you add a gadget - the map and tell the map where your columns are for the addresses, etc.

Next stop - I'm going to see if I can get this to work via a spreadsheet form. Imagine this - when folks arrive for my grad class they'll go to the form and fill it out - probably with their school information. If this works as I'm hoping, they can then watch my screen as their data comes in and gets posted to the map. This is TOO COOL!!!

You're ahead of me, now, aren't you? You're already thinking of ways to use this with your students. I'm proud of you! ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons