Monday, July 28, 2008

[TIPS] edublogs.tv

I don't know how long this one has been around, so it may not be a tip to many of you. But, http://edublogs.tv is a safe alternative to YouTUbe. No, it doesn't have the variety of content, yet, that youtube has. But, you CAN embed or link to videos, tag them, AND they load amazingly fast. (Unlike another alternative to youtube we've seen.)

I did find a couple things of interest. First, I didn't see any rss feeds. I would think you'd want rss feeds for each category. I don't want to run back here to see if anything new has been posted.

Second, there is no "Contact Us" link anywhere. I wanted to send them a note that they had a typo on a page. (The line said something like, "When someone send you a ..." - send instead of sends.)

Third, this quote: "Upload your own videos or simply grab them from YouTube (it only takes a few clicks!) to avoid school filters." Can you really republish someone else's videos on another site? I didn't know that. Can someone fill me in on that?

Anyway, if they get the rss feeds in place, and if teachers DO start to put the videos from youtube in here, then it certainly does have some great potential. Wouldn't you agree?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons