Wednesday, August 15, 2007

[TIPS] windows cannot boot - missing hal.dll

Here's a way to start your day. Last night before I went to bed I allowed my windows operating system to perform its updates that it wanted to install since earlier in the evening. I told it to install and shut down. Of course, when I got up this AM the screen was saying that something or other didn't quit nicely and did I want to End the Process now. Or.. what? How ELSE was it going to shut down?

But, fine, I ended the process and it shut down - which meant that I had to restart it and wait for it to boot. But... I went back into the room moments later to see a black screen that said that windows couldn't boot because of a corrupt or missing hal.dll file and it told me to replace it. Hmm... I'm thinking it's going to have to BOOT before I can repair or replace it, but what do I know.

I tried restarting - same message. I tried Safe Mode - same message. It will NOT boot. I'm NOT a happy camper.

I opened this Mac and did a search on that error and yes, I have to repair or replace that file. HOW IN THE.... ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

All Hail Microsoft!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons