Thursday, July 12, 2007

[TIPS] kids need to hear this - parents, too

I like Andy Carvin' blog. I watch for new posts every day. Today's installment is about an 8th grade student who was suspended from school for having a threatening avatar.
 
Now, of COURSE there is more to the story, and I won't spoil it for you. But the bottom line is that kids in YOUR school need to know this. They would like to think that what they do outside of school has no bearing on what happens INside of school. WRONG! Heck, *I* would like to think that if I allowed a hunter to hunt on my land and he accidentally shot someone that I wouldn't be sued, but.. "you can't always get what you want." It may not seem reasonable or even rational to some, but that's the way it is, and your students need to know about it.
 
Here's the link:
 
P.S.
I checked cliotech's blog and she didn't mention this yet. :-) It seems I've been behind her a lot lately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons