Wednesday, July 28, 2010

QR Codes Made Easy at Delivr.com

A while back I wrote about one of PA's finest students and her outstanding teacher and how Allison's video on QR codes won 1st Prize in this year's SIGML (Special Interest Group for Mobile Learning) contest. I also had a chance to talk to Allison during her student showcase, and she taught me how to make my own QR codes. (You may want to go watch Allison's video first so you know what's going on here.)

Here are ymy two examples. The first will give my contact information. The mobile phone app that I'm using is called QRky Scan, and when I scan that qr code it will even allow me to add that contact to my phone. Here's that qr code:

The second just links to my website.
If you don't yet have a QR code reader for your smart phone, visit this page to find your phone's manufacturer and then to a list of apps that will work for that phone.

Once you've got an app installed, go to this excellent site: http://delivr.com/qr-code-generator and see how easy it is to make one of your own. I'd love to see one that you make.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons