Saturday, May 16, 2009

Linking to a specific spot in youtube video

In the last post I needed to link to a specific spot in a youtube video. I knew that I had seen it done before but I didn't recall where or how it was done. Of course, a quick search (no, not on wolframAlpha) lead me to several posts that explained how to do just that.

You simply locate the spot in the video where you'd like to begin, in this case it's at 1 minute and ten seconds into the clip, and turn it into this format: #t=01m10 and then append that the url. Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbZ8CHVCSE#t=01m10

Note: The original tips says to be sure to put 01m in for the minutes instead of just 1m. I did it without the leading zero and it worked just fine, but I could see where it might be needed for the 'seconds' indicator. I also didn't put the s at the end and it seemed to work just fine. I could NOT find how to specify the ending point, unless you're embedding the video. If you know how to do that (other than by using splicd.com) please let us know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons