Sunday, November 9, 2008

[TIPS] Interesting article about filters - will you read it?

This has become a topic similar to politics. If I were to point you to a page that talked about a particular candidate in either the positive or negative sense, many folks wouldn’t go there. They just don’t want to hear it. Their minds are made up, and no amount of information will change their minds.

Such, I believe, is the case with web filtering. Those folks who are more liberal with their policies may feel that they don’t need to hear it. Those who are more heavy handed will certainly not read it, as it doesn’t apply to them. “YOU’re not in charge of this network, I am, and I make the rules.”

But, here’s an article that you may want to read: http://www.edutopia.org/web-2.0-tools-filtering-firewalls  Both sides to the story are listed. I think you know my side – you’ve heard me screaming more than once. :-)

Give it a read. I don’t agree with everything in it, but I read it! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons