Tuesday, April 29, 2008

[TIPS] the iPhone for $199???

MANY thanks to my buddy Barry Sullivan for sharing this one with me via email.

How many of you have seen THIS: http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/04/29/att-to-cut-the-price-of-apples-new-iphone/?section=money_topstories 

(http://snipurl.com/26ez4  [techland_blogs_fortune_cnn_com] )

According to this article, ATT plans to offer the iPhone for $199 if you buy into a two year plan. WOW!!! And I'm stuck with my Verizon phone for another year and a half! RATS! "To page this person press 5. To leave a callback number press 9 (Isn't it already on the phone?) When you are finished you may either hang up or press 1 for more options" GET ON WITH IT! You're sucking up my minutes! (David Pogue did a GREAT schtick about this at PETE&C this year)

An interesting side note. Today I was giving a presentation to about 90 folks. I wanted to show them a live demonstration of a Google spreadsheet form. I was all set up. Only two people in the audience had Windows laptops, but they couldn't connect to the wireless. BUT, one person had an iphone and WAS able to go to my form and enter some data so that folks could see the form in action. There's a moral in there somewhere, isn't there?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons