Sunday, September 23, 2007

[TIPS] English teachers, Read this post


http://21cgerlich.blogspot.com/2007/09/i-amor-not.html

When using webmail and FIrefox I can't embed hyperlinks, so this is going to be rough. Karl Fisch pointed to that blog post (http://thefischbowl.blogspot.com/2007/09/speaking-from-soul.html) and suggested that we read it ourselves. I'm glad I did.

English teachers, you're going to want to read it, too. Karen Gerlich posted her version of a poem that her students were challenged to write. THey were, "I am From" poems in which the students had to write about just that. She was impressed by their imagery and their stories, and so her team teacher, Lary, talked her into posting hers.

Read the post for three reasons. First, read it to hear about the lesson that prompted it. I think it's a wonderful idea, and I think you will, too. Second, read it to read her poem. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Finally, after you're done, try it yourself. I'll just bet that you'll recall some wonderful moments and people in YOUR life, as well.

Thank you, Karen, for sharing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons