Friday, September 21, 2007

[TIPS] College Essays redux - from Anne Smith's blog

Those of you who have read my posts for a while know that I am a big fan of Anne Smith and her work with her English students. I’ve had this one on the burner to go out for a week, but I just saw the Karl Fisch has pointed to it, so I thought I’d better send it out to MY readers, as well. (There are many who only read the email posts)

 

http://learningandlaptops.blogspot.com/2007/09/twist-to-college-essays-using-gooogle.html

 

This is a post about how she and two other teachers used Google Groups to put a twist on the college essays assignment. Give it a read. This sounds like a VERY interesting approach. She talks about the how’s and why’s of this project, and she shares the rules that she gave the students. Read the comments from the other two teachers, as well. The positives and the adjustments that they plan for next year.

 

Thanks for sharing this, Anne, Lauren, and Michele.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons