Friday, June 15, 2007

[TIPS] National dropout rates

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0621/p03s02-ussc.html

I was trying to corroborate a statistic that I had heard recently that said that the US has a 50% dropout rate from our high schools. I didn't believe it. I was right! It's NOT 50% - as a nation. It's only about 33%. Only one out of three kids drops out. Heck - we're still in the race.

I'm not serious, of course. Well, the one out of three dropout statistic is real (according to the article). How can this be? We can make list of reasons, I'm sure. And, we can't do much some of them. But, we CAN do something for those who dropout because they are bored or disconnected.

Read the article. WE are the ones who are in the position to make the needed changes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons