Tuesday, March 8, 2011

This is why we became teachers

Just when I was feeling SO down and So worried about how this state budget ("Day of Reckoning") will effect our schools, my sister sent me this note below. It was posted to her Facebook wall.

"Speaking of your brothers, I had a patient out here in OH who was looking for your bro. Jim. She was from ####### and took guitar lessons from him when she was a teenager. When she found out I was from Homer City she wanted to know if I knew how to contact him because she always wanted to let him know how that changed her life! She has moved with her family to the South somewhere since then, but if you want to pass it along to him her married name is ########."

That was two lifetimes ago. But, I know that if you're reading this then you will understand how a simple note like that can mean so much.

And, when you read this and then you compare that to the teacher-bashing going on, now, it's enough to make a grown man cry.

What will become of our Education system?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons