Sunday, June 6, 2010

I LOVE this idea for using TED in school

Recently, a friend who teaches (soon to retire) in Central York school district in PA, emailed me to tell me about how her Gifted teacher is going to be using TED videos with her students next year.

The teacher will have a weekly Ted Talk Luncheon with the Gifted students. They will bring their lunches to her room and they'll watch a Ted Talk video and discuss it. Now, with so many of the talks being 20 minutes long their discussions can't be very in depth, so I'm betting that she'll set up a Discussion Forum for them to use, as well.

Isn't that a great idea? I love it! Wouldn't it be great if, say, the AP Physics teacher and the Earth Science teacher, and the Social Studies teacher would also do something like this? There are plenty of great videos for each discipline, and they could always show videos from PopTech or Fora.tv, as well.

I love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons