Thursday, March 25, 2010

This is.. hauntingly beautiful

I'm a former music teacher who still has a deep passion for beautiful music. I've often tweeted about listening to Beibl's "Ave Maria" sung by the Turtle Creek Chorale when it comes on my itunes. And, I've posted about Bobby McFarren and about Perpetuum Jazille singing "Africa" that's just VERY cool. And, I've posted about the Youtube Symphony orchestra (and here)  and PS22 fifth graders, and the youth orchestra on TED and even a vegetable orchestra. I love beautiful music.

So, when I first heard these two pieces I first LOVED the idea of a virtual chorus - singers from 12 countries contributing virtually to a performance. Now THAT is a VERY cool idea. Then I started to watch the video responses to that video and I found myself completely blown away.

Here is the first video performance. It's Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir - 'Lux Aurumque'
----

---
Now watch this single performance by Melody Myers (appropriate first name, eh?)



Watch some of the other responses, as well. Share this with your favorite music teacher.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons