Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Give me with your best lesson

This evening a question was put out on a listserv that I belong to, and I thought it was an excellent one. The idea was this: "We need examples of your best lessons."

What would go through your mind if you were asked that? Would you think, "Well, I could submit a few, but I'd have to fix them up a bit." or, "I'm not really sure if anyone would think that this was a good lesson.", or, "I wonder if I could have done a better job reaching higher in the Bloom's scale?" or, "Is this lesson really challenging enough and worth of a student in this grade level?" Do you have any second thoughts? Do you look at your lesson through a different lens? Really? If the WORLD could see it?

As an instructional coach that's what you encourage your teachers to ask themselves all the time, isn't it?

I think it's a great exercise. Before settling on ANY lesson plan, ask yourself, "Would I change any part of this lesson if I were going to submit it for global review?"

How many lessons of yours wouldmake the cut without even so much as a second glance - just to be sure?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons