Thursday, January 8, 2009

Stop Now - Read This

http://coolcatteacher.blogspot.com/2009/01/cellist-of-schoolyard.html

If you're over 30 you probably recall the story of the man who played his cello in the bombed remains of a courtyard in his hometown. He played every day. He -

Nah. I'm not going to try to tell the story. Read Vicki's post. Do it today.

It's stories like this (and, as I commented on her post, like the story of the Christmas Eve Truce in WWI), that make me appreciate even more how lucky a man I truly am. Images like the one in her post of Smailovic playing his cello amid the rubble, or of the Chinese man standing in front of the row of tanks at Tienanmen Square - they get me every time.

Now, go read that post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons