Monday, May 7, 2007

[TIPS] Digital Billboards That Turn Your Head

There are a couple of things that I want you to note about this page. First, the article itself. Digital billboards. If you were driving down the highway and there was a billboard that was more like a mini commercial, would you be distracted by it? In my opinion, OF COURSE you would. And you would probably watch it more than once. How it's not considered a dangerous distraction is beyond me, except that money is involved and money can sway lots of important opinions.
It reminds me of a prototype of a device that I saw on a website years ago that projected larger than life 3D images into the air. Immediately I thought, "I can imagine a world where giant, scantily clad women are being projected into the night skies selling one thing or another. Not only will that be a major distraction (as long as there's a breath remaining! :-) ) but it will be sky pollution, as well, and I can see cities making laws to turn the lights out on such promotions." It doesn't have to be a human ad, of course. It could be a giant tire, or a 50 foot high soda or beer can pouring a perpetual beer into a frosty mug. Well, that hasn't happened yet, but I still think we'll see it, and we'll see the laws being created to control it.
Anyway, the first part is the article itself. Check it out.
But, the second part of the page that I want you to notice is the block on the right side under the image that is labeled, "Who's Blogging?" In that block it says, "Read what bloggers are saying about this article." and then it lists links to a few blogs.
Take a BIG notice of that, if you haven't seen it before, and watch for it. You're going to see more and more of this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons