Tuesday, October 17, 2006

[TIPS] - Free English teaching materials for ESL

 
If you teach the ESL kids then this is a MUST-SEE site. (I wish I could remember where I found it. Did one of you send it to me?) Tons of resources, from audio files to help with listening, speaking, reading, and more. It truly is GOLD!
 
- - - K12 Online Conference Kickoff - - -
Last night was the Elluminate broadcast of David Warlick's introduction to the K12Online Conference (http://k12onlineconference.org/). I think I saw almost 50 people there, but I had to leave early. The actual conference workshops will be made available beginning next week. Remember, all workshops are online, and asynchronous. They are being made available beginning at 8:00 AM EDT on the days listed here: http://k12onlineconference.org/docs/k12online06-agenda.html. Our presentation (Kurt P and myself) will be made available on the 25th. "RSS- A Four Part Series." I do hope you'll check it out. It just may change the way you collect and share resources and news.
 
- - - mailinglist update - - -
Reminder - Friday is the last day for this list to be distributed via my regular groupwise account. Instead, it will be sent out via an automated mailing list. If you don't subscribe to it then you won't receive the tips - unless you're subscribing to the tipline blog, of course.
 
To subscribe to the list, send an email to: listserv@mailinglist.caiu.org
 
In the body of the email, type:
 
subscribe tips firstname lastname
 
Example:
 
Subscribe tips James Gates
 
This is processed by the computer, so the syntax must be exact. You cannot, for example, type: "I want to get your tips James Gates" It must be as I've written it above. If you just can't get it to work, send me an email and I'll enroll you manually. No big deal.
 
This process has been a humbling experience as I learn the difference between the number of people who RECEIVE my tips vs. the number of people who READ them. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons