Saturday, May 8, 2010

Another writing prompt idea

I wish I could find a video that's uplifting in nature to use as a writing prompt. It's not like I'm not looking for one.

But I think that this is another video that our students should see. It's depressing as all get out. Is it an accurate depiction of the future of the ocean? Is it too late to reverse these trends?

Or, maybe this is just too intense to be used as a writing prompt. Too overwhelming, perhaps. And, while he paints a horrible picture of the ocean, he really doesn't tell us what we need to do to stop these trends.

Still, I'm certain that our Earth Science students will have an opinion, and a writing prompt would give them a chance to express it.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons